At the forefront of everything we do is individual player development. This is especially true for U10, U9, U8 players as they truly begin to love the game.
As we constantly challenge ourselves to evaluate
- Significantly Increased player actions
- 5v5 gives players a 50-60% increase on touches on the ball and player actions
- Players playing/working in tight spaces (related actions to game model). Individual player actions form
- Helping players want and become comfortable on the ball. Encourage dribblers.
- Developing the individual as a priority over team development
- U9’s struggle to cover the ground on a 7v7 field
- Too much time and space for skilled/fast players (where is the challenge)